The Assessor’s main responsibilities are to attend joint appointments with Occupational Therapists, Care Workers and Health Professionals to assess individuals and survey properties for the correct use and installation of Prism Medical products.
These assessments and surveys are mainly conducted in domestic dwellings but the need to attend schools, hospitals, care homes and other commercial properties is also necessary.
All relevant paperwork and quotations are required to be submitted on a daily basis to the office by email so working outside of regular office hours to complete outstanding documentation may be required to fulfil customer expectations.
The Assessor position is not a direct sales role but more a consultancy/advisory position for our customers and health professionals however there are requirements to work closely with the regional sales team to increase business opportunities where possible within the region.
MANDATORY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To conduct full site surveys of properties for the installation of all Prism Medical and other manufacturers fixed equipment including ceiling track hoists, stair lifts and through floor lifts.
- Completing full detailed and legible on site drawings to the appropriate scale when required of individual properties at each survey to enable a successful fixed equipment installation first time.
- To complete basic electrical checks at property site surveys including visual earth bonding inspections to enable successful installations of electrical outlets to be carried out.
- Completing and submitting all relevant Prism Medical assessment/survey paperwork within the requested timescales permitted for quotations to be sent to customers.
- Liaising closely with all relevant individuals and departments to enable a smooth transition of services and product installations to Prism Medical customers.
- To physically access and visually inspect all loft spaces and trussed roof constructions to ensure fixed equipment installation feasibility where required.
- To positively and confidently represent the company at all times when out in the field.
- To correctly identify all customer needs and requirements and successfully prescribe working solutions and equipment.
- To update electronic diary entries and appointments on a daily basis for internal review.
- Moving and handling of disabled people when required.
- Reporting all relevant leads and sales opportunities to the relevant sales teams and Regional Business Leader.
- Working closely with the area sales teams to help grow regional business and create new opportunities.
- Attending exhibitions and product evaluation days.
- To accommodate travelling out of the regional area if needed to provide coverage, assist colleagues and reduce lead times where necessary.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Flexible approach to work and working hours.
- Previous experience within the health care industry.
- Previous experience with disabled equipment.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Customer liaison skills in sensitive situations.
- Excellent communicational skills both written and verbal.
- Empathy and understanding to others needs and requirements.
- Full drivers licence.
- Be able to work under own initiative and manage your own workload.
- To be able to work as part of a team.
- To be pro-active, focused and driven.
- To have current or previous stair lift product knowledge.
- Ability to use scaled measurement devices.
- To have structural knowledge and understanding
What you will get in return
• Competitive salary plus 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
• Company Vehicle with assigned Fuel Card
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• X2 salary Life Assurance
• Access to Medicash Healthplan Scheme upon successful completion of your probation period
• Company Sick Pay upon successful completion of your probation period
• Throughout your time at Prism Medical, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.