- To coordinate the activities of dispatch personnel to achieve daily delivery requirements.
- Maintain the department in an organised way to ensure product for dispatch is in the correct place at the right time.
- Ensure products are packed in line with company policy to ensure all items are protected from transport damage.
- Coordinate with Despatch Supervisor on RMA inputs.
- Work with production to ensure Goods in items are cleared through the system and put into stock daily.
- Coordinate stock levels of despatch materials.
- Excellent practical and problem solving skills
- A reliable and punctual approach to work
- Ability to prioritise, plan and work on own initiative
- Ability to learn new skills and ability to grasp large amounts of product information
- Good IT and administration skills
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- To be quality focused – a positive “can do” enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Smirthwaite and our clients
- Possess a strong safety mindset to assure the work completed reflects the technical requirements within industry safety standards
- To positively approach change or new situations
- To proactively identify areas for improvement and share them with colleagues and line manager
- Impeccable attention for detail and forward-thinking.
- Encourage a positive working environment
- Clear communicator between all facets of the business
- Able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, with good problem-solving skills, able to make decisions independently.
- Flexible approach to work and working hours.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
Education & Experience
- Ability to work unsupervised and to provide good working relations with colleagues
- English and Maths GCSE or equivalent
- Counterbalance and Reach truck desirable
- Must have current driving license.