Why Prism Healthcare?
Do you have previous experience within the healthcare industry? Are you looking for a rewarding new challenge and a chance to progress your career?
If so, Prism Healthcare has an excellent opportunity for you as a Field Service Engineer.
Prism Healthcare Group, are a reputable healthcare company employing circa 600 colleagues, across various locations within the UK. We work with a variety of mobility equipment, including moving, handling and bathing devices, committing to the ongoing safety and wellbeing of the people who use our equipment. Through our family of brands, we are best positioned to share our experience and expertise with every client and customer.
What you’ll be doing
Responsible for the service maintenance and repair needs of a wide and varied range of medical devices.
Delivering excellent service to customers applying a customer centric and empathetic approach to the end user. A Can Do attitude to problem solving with a tenacious attitude to achieving a first time fix in all repair circumstances and the completion of the assigned daily workload.
Essential duties will include, but not limited to the following: –
· Continually support and develop a culture of health & safety first
· Responsible for meeting the daily service maintenance and repair needs of customer and client equipment adhering to medical device alerts where applicable
· Weight testing equipment to Loler guidelines
· Completion of service and repair documentation via smart phone PDA device
· Managing van stock levels and consumables ensuring that at all times the required stock levels are maintained in line with achieving a first time fix and the assigned daily workload
· Identifying required specialist parts via equipment user manuals and communicating these requests to central point via PDA device, ensuring the provision of the correct parts number/serial number
· Maintaining tools and test equipment ensuring they are properly calibrated and reviewed in line with H&S compliance
· Maintenance of van and periodical maintenance checks
· Adhere to Risk/Method Statements and contract Operating Procedures at all times
· Effectively communicate/escalate issues to the back office scheduling team
· Participate in the company 24/7/365 call out rota and act as support in times of business need
· Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers
· Identifying and participate in sales opportunities such as new contracts, contract renewals and equipment/service package sales
· Contribute constructive feedback at infield toolbox talks as delivered by the area Senior Engineer
· Excellent analytical, communication and influencing skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees including executives, technical and our production workforce.
· Hands on, “can do” approach with willingness to work in production to understand the true issues and identify root causes of problems.
· Impeccable attention to detail and forward-thinking.
· Able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
· Integrity, initiative and focus.
· Proactive, with good problem-solving skills, able to make decisions independently.
· Exceptional customer service – both internally & externally.
· Team player but able to work independently.
· Flexible approach to work and working hours.
· Excellent written and verbal skills.
· Anticipate what information is required by their colleagues and to disseminate it actively and efficiently.
· Enjoys working within multidisciplinary teams in the development of leading edge designs and technologies.
· Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own work with minimal supervision.
· Willing to listen and take advice from others.
· Shows initiative and has ability to think for self.
· Ongoing commitment to your upskilling and development
Salary £25000 plus £4200 when participating in out of hours rota