Competitive salary plus out of hours rota payment
What you’ll be doing
Responsible for the installation/removal of ceiling track hoisting systems and stair lifts using a varied range of fixing methods. Delivering excellent service to customers applying a customer centric and empathetic approach to the end user. A Can Do attitude to problem solving with a tenacious attitude to achieving the assigned daily workload.
Essential duties will include, but not limited to the following: –
· Continually support and develop a culture of health & safety first
· Responsible for achieving the daily assigned installation/removal workload of ceiling track hoisting systems and stair lifts
· Weight testing equipment to Loler guidelines
· Undertaking on minor electrical works in line with Part P electrical certification
· Completion of installation/removal/electrical certification documentation via smart phone PDA device
· Managing van stock levels and consumables ensuring that at all times the required stock levels are maintained in line with achieving assigned installation/removal workload
· Escalating onsite installation issues to Assessor/OT with a view to suggesting alternate installation methods/positioning to ensure the installation of the assigned workload
· Rectification of snag works
· Maintaining tools and test equipment ensuring they are properly calibrated and reviewed in line with H&S compliance
· Maintenance of van and periodical maintenance checks
· Adhere to Risk/Method Statements and contract Operating Procedures at all times
· Effectively communicate/escalate issues to the back office scheduling team
· Participate in the company 24/7/365 call out rota and act as support in times of business need
· Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers
· Identifying and participate in sales opportunities such as new contracts, contract renewals and equipment/service package sales
· Contribute constructive feedback at infield toolbox talks as delivered by the National Technical and Training Installation Manager
· Ongoing commitment to your upskilling and development
· Excellent analytical, communication and influencing skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees including executives, technical and our production workforce.
· Hands on, “can do” approach with willingness to work in production to understand the true issues and identify root causes of problems.
· Impeccable attention to detail and forward-thinking.
· Able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
· Integrity, initiative and focus.
· Proactive, with good problem-solving skills, able to make decisions independently.
· Exceptional customer service – both internally & externally.
· Team player but able to work independently.
· Flexible approach to work and working hours.
· Excellent written and verbal skills.
· Anticipate what information is required by their colleagues and to disseminate it actively and efficiently.
· Enjoys working within multidisciplinary teams in the development of leading edge designs and technologies.
· Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own work with minimal supervision.
· Willing to listen and take advice from others.
· Shows initiative and has ability to think for self.
Education & Experience
· Highly experienced with power tools and hand tools
· Previous installation engineer of 3+ years
· High level of M&H medical device technical ability with a proven history of repair resolution
· Experience of working in patient care environments
· Experience on building sites
· Happy working at height
· General understanding of building structures
· Part P or 17th Edition electrical qualification