Responsible for the installation/removal of ceiling track hoisting systems and stair lifts using a varied range of fixing methods. Delivering excellent service to customers applying a customer centric and empathetic approach to the end user. A Can Do attitude to problem solving with a tenacious attitude to achieving the assigned daily workload.
Key duties will include, but not limited to the following: –
- Continually support and develop a culture of the customer comes first attitude.
- Ensure Health and Safety practices are continually followed.
- Responsible for achieving the daily assigned installation/removal workload of fixed equipment.
- Weight testing equipment to Loler guidelines.
- Undertaking on minor electrical works in line with Part P electrical certification
- Completion of work via smart phone PDA device.
- Managing van stock levels and consumables ensuring that at all times the required stock levels are maintained in line with achieving assigned installation/removal workload.
- Escalating onsite installation issues to Assessor/OT with a view to suggesting alternate installation methods and solutions to ensure the installation of the assigned workload.
- Rectification of snag / remedial works
- Adhere to Risk/Method Statements and contract Operating Procedures at all times.
- Participate in the 24/7/365 call out rota and act as first line customer support.
- Excellent analytical, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees including executives, technical and our production workforce.
- Hands on, “can do” approach with willingness to work in production to understand the true issues and identify root causes of problems.
- Impeccable attention to detail and forward-thinking.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Integrity, initiative and focus.
- Proactive, with good problem-solving skills, able to make decisions independently.
- Exceptional customer service – both internally & externally.
- Team player but able to work independently.
- Flexible approach to work and working hours.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Anticipate what information is required by their colleagues and to disseminate it actively and efficiently.
- Enjoys working within multidisciplinary teams in the development of leading edge designs and technologies.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own work with minimal supervision.
- Willing to listen and take advice from others.
- Shows initiative and has ability to think for self.
Education & Experience
- Highly experienced Mechanical / Electrical skills.
- Use of multi-meter / general hand tools.
- Previous installation engineer of 2+ years
- Experience of working in patient care environment.
- Happy working at height.
- General understanding of building structures and fixing methods.
- Competitive Salary, paid on a monthly basis
- Ongoing training and development
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme, matched contribution/salary sacrifice
- Medicash health Plan which allows you to claim towards health costs such as dental and optical as well as physiotherapy and chiropody
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Long Service awards
Company Benefits Discount and Rewards Scheme which includes shop discounts, hotel discounts and days out
- Part P or 17th Edition electrical qualification