To support the Regional Operations Manager. To ensure the continual development of the engineering workforce in line with contractual obligations, KPI’s, absence downtime. To drive exceptional customer service. They must also be excellent role models in the areas of communication, problem solving, customer first service.
Essential duties will include, but not limited to the following: –
- Carry out normal job role as Service/Repair engineer or Installer 4 days per week, 1 day per week (or equivalent spread over 5 days) supporting the Regional Operations Manager
- Support the area when the Regional Operations Manager is absent
- Continually support and develop a culture of Health & Safety first within the Service and Repair/Installations workforce ensuring conformance at all times
- Work with the scheduling team to overcome any scheduling issues in area to ensure that contractual KPI’s are achieved
- Maintain the HR database regarding absence and carry out return to work meetings with engineers
- Attend sites for customer complaints resolution as directed by the Regional Operations Manager to ensure customer satisfaction and complete resolution of the issue
- Undertake infield 121 engineering meetings to include: vehicle condition/personal appearance/workmanship inspections and skills review versus skills matrix evaluation to meet quality/conformance requirements
- Identify training needs and plan/drive reactive training within the budgeted availability percentage, working closely with the Regional Operations Manager/National Training Team/Technical Service Coach to achieve targeted training based on assets within an engineers usual geographical area of work
- Maintain training records and a Skills Matrix database (used by the Eagle system) for the engineering workforce in conjunction with the National Training team and Technical Service Coach
- Manage the OOH rota for the area
- Act as central point for OOH escalation issues/call centre changes to rota
- To facilitate and control van stock for the region in line with the agreed company processes and ensure that stock is maintained to the agreed levels. Ensure van stock is realised in line with the usage by way of monthly PI checks
- Assist with investigation meetings as and when required
- Implement new contract win Infield Operating Procedures as devised by the Contracts On boarding Team
- Excellent analytical, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees including executives, technical and our production workforce.
- Hands on, “can do” approach with willingness to work in production to understand the true issues and identify root causes of problems.
- Impeccable attention to detail and forward-thinking.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Integrity, initiative and focus.
- Proactive, with good problem-solving skills, able to make decisions independently.
- Exceptional customer service – both internally & externally.
- Team player but able to work independently.
- Flexible approach to work and working hours.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Anticipate what information is required by their colleagues and to disseminate it actively and efficiently.
- Enjoys working within multidisciplinary teams in the development of leading-edge designs and technologies.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own work with minimal supervision.
- Willing to listen and take advice from others.
- Shows initiative and has ability to think for self.
Education & Experience
- Previous demonstrable supervisory/management experience
- Experience of supervising field-based teams
- Previous track record of building teams
- Computer literate with word/excel experience
- New employee interviewing experience
- Previous service repair/installation engineer of 3+ years
- High level of M&H medical device technical ability with a proven history of repair resolution