Salary In London £27000 plus £4200 when participating in out of hours rota
Salary in the rest of the UK £25000 plus £4200 when participating in out of hours rota
This vacancy is recruiting for the following regions :-
- West Midlands
- East Midlands
- South West
- London & Home Counties
- North East (South Yorkshire)
- North West
- South Wales (Cardiff)
Responsible for the service maintenance and repair needs of a wide and varied range of medical devices.
Delivering excellent service to customers applying a customer centric and empathetic approach to the end user. A Can Do attitude to problem solving with a tenacious attitude to achieving a first time fix in all repair circumstances and the completion of the assigned daily workload.
Essential duties will include, but not limited to the following: –
- Continually support and develop a culture of health & safety first
- Responsible for meeting the daily service maintenance and repair needs of customer and client equipment adhering to medical device alerts where applicable
- Weight testing equipment to Loler guidelines
- Completion of service and repair documentation via smart phone PDA device
- Managing van stock levels and consumables ensuring that at all times the required stock levels are maintained in line with achieving a first time fix and the assigned daily workload
- Identifying required specialist parts via equipment user manuals and communicating these requests to central point via PDA device, ensuring the provision of the correct parts number/serial number
- Maintaining tools and test equipment ensuring they are properly calibrated and reviewed in line with H&S compliance
- Maintenance of van and periodical maintenance checks
- Adhere to Risk/Method Statements and contract Operating Procedures at all times
- Effectively communicate/escalate issues to the back office scheduling team
- Participate in the company 24/7/365 call out rota and act as support in times of business need
- Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers
- Identifying and participate in sales opportunities such as new contracts, contract renewals and equipment/service package sales
- Contribute constructive feedback at infield toolbox talks as delivered by the area Senior Engineer
- Ongoing commitment to your upskilling and development
- Excellent analytical, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees including executives, technical and our production workforce.
- Hands on, “can do” approach with willingness to work in production to understand the true issues and identify root causes of problems.
- Impeccable attention to detail and forward-thinking.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Integrity, initiative and focus.
- Proactive, with good problem-solving skills, able to make decisions independently.
- Exceptional customer service – both internally & externally.
- Team player but able to work independently.
- Flexible approach to work and working hours.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Anticipate what information is required by their colleagues and to disseminate it actively and efficiently.
- Enjoys working within multidisciplinary teams in the development of leading edge designs and technologies.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own work with minimal supervision.
- Willing to listen and take advice from others.
- Shows initiative and has ability to think for self.
Education & Experience
- Highly experienced with power tools and hand tools
- Previous service repair engineer of 3+ years
- High level of M&H medical device technical ability with a proven history of repair resolution
- Experience of working in patient care environments