Why Prism Medical UK?
Are you looking for a technically varied and rewarding role? We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sewing Machinist.
Prism Medical UK is part of the Prism Healthcare Group, who are a reputable healthcare company employing circa 600 colleagues, across various locations within the UK. We work with a variety of mobility equipment, including moving, handling and bathing devices, committing to the ongoing safety and wellbeing of the people who use our equipment. Through our family of brands, we are best positioned to share our experience and expertise with every client and customer.
Due to continued business growth and expansion, The UK`s leading manufacturers of healthcare equipment are looking to recruit Sewing Machinist to join this busy operation. The key responsibility of a sewing machinist is to make sewn medical devices of meet specifications and quality criteria with particular emphasis on maintaining quality standards whilst working at the required efficiency rate and meeting targets and deadlines.
The sewing machinist role is fundamental to the production process right across this diverse, multi sector industry. The role may involve operations such as lock stitching, hemming, overlocking, binding, cover stitching, cup seaming and CNC.
A truly rewarded role in the manufacturing of a product that changes and enhances the quality of life for some of our end users.
·Complete requirement for sewing items selecting appropriate materials.
· Draw threads through needles and adjust machine functions to meet the requirements of the sewing products.
· Sew missing stiches or replacement parts.
· Follow an SOP instruction for the particular job.
· Report any faults or Discrepancies to the team leader.
· Quality Control Checks.
· Recording how many pieces have been sewn during production.
· Perform general and preventative maintenance tasks on sewing machines to ensure their longevity.
· Impeccable attention for detail and forward-thinking.
· Able to thrive in a dynamic and very fast-paced environment.
· Proactive, with good problem-solving skills, able to make decisions independently.
· Exceptional customer service – both internally & externally.
· Team player but able to work independently.
· Flexible approach to work and working hours.
Education & Experience
· Experience of sewing with material such as Polyester, Foam and Vinyl.
· Industrial Sewing Machine experience required.
· Monitor machine operation to detect problems such as defective sewing, breaks in thread and machine malfunction.
· Folds or fits together materials such as Polyester, Foam and Vinyl or prepare for machine sewing.
· Overlocking and Flatbed Experience required.
· Excellent Rates of Pay.
· 25 days Holiday per year, plus bank holidays off and Christmas Shutdown.
· Pension Scheme.
· Employed Status.
· Mortgage & Rent references.
· Sick pay.
· Death in Service Payments.
· Medicash – Free Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy treatments as well as an online portal offering vouchers and discounts.
· Onsite Parking.
· Friendly Working environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent