Prism Healthcare ESG Statement/Policy
Being mobile and independent are a fundamental part of life. They allow us personal freedom, of movement and of choice and play a vital role in physical, mental, financial, and social wellbeing.
Therefore, living with poor or declining health and reduced mobility can often have a profound effect on the quality of life, of not just those directly affected, but their families, friends, employers, and the wider society.
Prism Healthcare believes that despite poor health and limited mobility everyone deserves to live life to the full. Whether living at home or in long-term care facilities, everyone should have equal opportunity to be happy, healthy, and independent for as long as possible.
As experts in manual handling, pressure area care and specialist seating solutions, we manufacture and supply a broad range of products and services to health and care providers and their clients across the UK, and internationally through a network of distributors. We have a mission; to transform the quality of life of people with health and mobility conditions by providing solutions that offer choice, value for money, and help to make care easier.
In doing this we take our corporate responsibility seriously. We recognise we have a duty of care to operate in a responsible and sustainable way and we want to make a positive impact on the lives of our employees, customers, clinicians, clients and partners within our network and the wider society.
The Prism Healthcare Group ESG statement demonstrates our commitment to action, to integrate wellbeing, sustainability, and ethics into the culture and day-to-day activities of running the business. This is key to our success and is a focus for all employees.
We will develop a policy that defines improvements we will make to drive standards in three areas:
- Environmental – how we will perform as a steward of nature
- Social - how we will manage relationships with employees, suppliers, customers, communities, and the wider society
- Governance – how we will hold our leaders to account through strict auditing and controls
We will work with suppliers, customers, and employees to reduce our impact on the environment by:
- Moving all fleet vehicles to hybrid or electric by 2030 and ensuring compatible infrastructure on all business premises.
- Developing products and services which reduce the environmental impact of our business activities.
- Promoting the use of digital technologies to reduce travel, emissions, and our carbon footprint.
- Investing in SMART Buildings to ensure we actively conserve energy and water and using the most sustainable energy suppliers
- Ensuring waste and recycling is managed effectively to reduce the amount going to landfill, achieving targets of internal schemes and accreditations from recognised bodies.
- Creating a group-wide employee forum to identify where positive environmental impact can be achieved. We will provide education and training where necessary, so they have the knowledge and tools.
We will contribute to improving the wellbeing of society by:
- Releasing employees during office/working hours so they can participate in local community initiatives
- Using our platform and resources to support a charity, particularly those aligned to our mission.
- Supporting the economies and communities in which the business operates by employing local people and sourcing goods and services from local businesses.
- Actively supporting the health and well-being of employees, helping them to achieve a good work life balance with the opportunity to work flexibly.
- Being an advocate for equal opportunities and initiatives which promote a fairer society.
- Investing in training and developing our people, so they can progress and enhance their career prospects whilst employed with the Group.
- Benchmarking roles and paying all employees a fair salary.
- Creating a culture where inclusivity and diversity thrives, where everyone feels safe and there is zero tolerance for hate of any kind.
We will always act ethically and with integrity and will be held accountable by:
- Ensuring transparency through timely reporting of financial performance, objectives and strategies to stakeholders, customers, and employees.
- Adhering to robust policies and procedures in relation to corruption and bribery.