Privacy & Cookies
Policy contents and quick links
- What’s in this policy?
- What does this policy cover?
- How do you protect my personal information?
- What types of personal information does Prism Healthcare Ltd collect about me?
- How long will Prism Healthcare Ltd keep my personal information?
- How can Prism Healthcare Ltd use my personal information?
- When will Prism Healthcare Ltd use my information to contact me?
- Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
- When does Prism Healthcare Ltd share my personal information with others?
- Can I delete my information?
- What are my rights?
- How will I find out about changes to this policy?
- How can I contact Prism Healthcare Ltd?
1. What’s in this policy?
This policy tells you:
- What information we might collect about you
- How we might use that information
- When we might use your details to contact you
- What information of yours we might share with others
- Your choices about the personal information you give us
2. What does this policy cover?
This policy covers the services that are offered by Prism Healthcare Ltd group of companies and covers services offered by other parts of our group that operate as separate companies. Such as: Smirthwaite Ltd, HME Training Ltd and The Stairlift Company Ltd.
What’s not covered in this policy?
Our services sometimes link to services run by other companies, like playing embedded video files on our website that are hosted on YouTube or Twitter. Those companies have their own privacy and cookies policies, so remember that the information you give them will follow their rules and not ours.
3. How do you protect my personal information?
In compliance with applicable data protection legislation (including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, Regulation (EU) 2016/679), we’re strongly committed to keeping you and your family’s information safe. And to do this we design our services with your safety in mind. We have a dedicated team responsible for looking after your information security and privacy.
At the same time, no service can be completely secure – if you have any concerns that your personal information has been put at risk, for example if someone could have found out your password to the Prism Healthcare Portal or an ecommerce ordering system, please get in touch as soon as possible.
4. What types of personal information does Prism Healthcare Ltd collect about me?
Information that you give us
Depending on the service you are accessing, or ordering, we might ask for your name, job title, employer, contact details, your date of birth or financial details. If you apply to take part in a training programme, we might ask you about your qualifications and career aspirations.
Devices are lots of things like:
- Your computer
- Your mobile
- Your TV
- Your tablet
- Your voice-enabled device
We automatically collect some technical information from these devices and web browsers even when you’re not signed in to a Prism Healthcare service. This might include:
- IP (internet protocol) address
- Device ID
- App ID
- Vendor ID
Information on your activities outside Prism Healthcare Ltd when you talk about us
Like if you’ve mentioned us in a Twitter post, we’ll collect your Twitter handle.
5. How long will Prism Healthcare Ltd keep my personal information?
We only hold your information for as long as we do the activities we told you about or have a valid reason to keep it.
We think about what type of information it is, the amount collected, how sensitive it might be and any legal requirements.
We design our services so that we don’t hold your information any longer than we have to.
We may close your Prism Healthcare account if you haven’t used it in the last 12 months. We’ll send you an email to tell you that we plan to do this before we delete anything.
6. How can Prism Healthcare Ltd use my personal information?
We have to have a valid reason to use your personal information. It’s called the “lawful basis for processing”. Sometimes we might ask your permission to do things, like when you subscribe to an email. Other times, when you’d reasonably expect us to use your personal information, we don’t ask your permission, but only when; the law says it’s fine to use it, and it fits with the rights you have
We use your information for these types of things:
- To deliver our services and to provide you with information about them
- To deal with your requests, complaints and enquiries
- To keep our database accurate and up to date
- To personalise services
- To show you advertising
- To show you relevant advertising on another company’s site
- To help us understand what kind of services you might use
- To recommend things we think might interest you
- To research and innovate
- To contact you about various things
7. When will Prism Healthcare Ltd use my information to contact me?
We might use your information to contact you about different things, like:
- To check with you about any service or activity you’ve signed up for. Cuch as the Prism Healthcare Ltd customer portal.
- To answer you when you’ve contacted us, or to respond to a comment or complaint
- To invite you to take part in surveys about Prism Healthcare Ltd services, which are always voluntary
- For marketing purposes (we will never distribute or sell your personal information to 3rd parties outside of the Prism Healthcare Ltd group).
- We’ll only contact you when we need to or when you’ve given us permission.
- We’ll never contact you to ask for an account password.
8. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We’ll only send you marketing emails or contact you about Prism Healthcare promotions, services, your views about Prism Healthcare Ltd products or services if you’ve agreed to this.
Keep in mind, even if you unsubscribe, we may still contact you (see section 6).
Will my personal information be used when Prism Healthcare Ltd advertises with other companies?
We might use information that we hold about you to show you relevant and “targeted advertising” through other companies’ sites, like Facebook, Google, Snapchat or Twitter for example.
If you don’t want to see our targeted advertising, you can set ad preferences in your social media companies’ settings.
9. When does Prism Healthcare Ltd share my personal information with others?
We’ll never sell your personal information. We do share it with others in these ways:
- When you make something public, like post a comment or product review which the public can see.
- When we share personal information with companies in Prism Healthcare Ltd group.
- When you use another company’s service that connects to us, like voice-enabled devices
- When we do collaborative market research
- We do research activities and sometimes collaborate with research partners. Every now and then we share our content and data with them. This might include information we’ve collected about you. But we’re careful about what we share and what our research partners can do with it.
- We might also share your information if we have to by law, or when we need to protect you or other people from harm.
10. Can I delete my information?
You can delete your Prism Healthcare portal account. Your account information is immediately deleted.
In certain circumstances, you can request that Prism Healthcare deletes records of your personal information. See section 12.
11. What are my rights?
You’re in control of your personal information.
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of your information (Data Subject Access Requests (DSAR)).
- Please contact Prism Healthcare Ltd if you would like a copy of your personal information. We will not change for requests, but we will seek verification of your identity, and will only refuse the request if it is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”.
- To ask us to correct information that’s wrong, to delete it or to request that we only use it for certain purposes
- To change your mind, and ask us to stop using your information. For example, unsubscribing from marketing emails or promotions.
Bear in mind, sometimes we might not be able to help. Like if the law tells us we can’t.
What are cookies and tracking technologies?
Cookies are bits of data which are stored in your computer or mobile when you visit a website or app. There are also similar pieces of tracking information we collect.
- To do a few different things:
- To remember information about you, so you don’t have to give it to us again. And again. And again
- To keep you signed in, even on different devices
- To help us understand how people are using our services, so we can make them better
- To help us personalise Prism Healthcare Ltd to you by remembering your preferences and settings.
- To find out if our emails have been read and if you find them useful
- A few things on our websites wouldn’t work without some cookies. Tech people call these “strictly necessary cookies”. They’re always on when you visit us.
- But we want to use others like functional, performance and advertising cookies to make your experience more enjoyable. We’ll only use them if you’ve agreed. You can always change your mind.
Bear in mind there are some other cookies out there from other companies. These “third-party cookies” might track how you use different websites, including ours. For example, you might get a social media company’s cookie when you see the option to share something. You can turn them off, but not through us.
1. How long do cookies last?
Some are erased when you close the browser on your website or app. Others stay longer, sometimes forever, and are saved onto your device so they’re there when you come back.
2. How do I control my cookies and tracking?
When you first visit us, we’ll tell you about our cookies and ask you to agree if we can use them. You can always change your mind by going to your settings.
Stopping all cookies might mean you can’t access some services, or that some of them might not work properly for you.
Another way to control some tracking is in the settings on your device.
13. How will I find out about changes to this policy?
We update this policy sometimes. If we make important changes, like how we use your personal information, we’ll let you know. It might be a notice, an email, or a message in your app.
If you don’t agree to the changes, then you can always stop using our services, delete your account and stop giving us any more personal information. We’d be sorry to see you go.
14. How can I contact Prism Healthcare Ltd?
For any other questions or comments about this policy speak to our Data Protection Officer:
By email: to email@example.com
by post: Unit 4, Jubilee Business Park, Jubilee Way, Grange Moor, Wakefield WF4 4TD
We’re regulated by the Information Commissioner’s Office (registered number Z1821113).
You can also contact them for advice and support.